Tuesday, January 19, 2010

things i learned on match.com

Realizing I was not going to meet guys by working 23-hour days and then going home to sleep, I decided to give Match.com a whirl. I have begun to think my experiences needed to be shared so I can serve as a warning to others.  By all means, please laugh at my expense:


  1. Good looking + psycho = still psycho.
  2. READ THEIR SUMMARIES!  If they mention seeing a psychologist, do not communicate.
  3. Some boys are lying liars who lie. Be careful.
  4. Does the guy look familiar?  That’s because you knew him 15 years ago.  Move along.
  5. If golf is mentioned in the profile more than 10 times, and you tell him you don’t golf, don’t be surprised if he doesn’t call back.
  6. “Self employed” is code for “unemployed” 9 out of 10 times.
  7. A "plant" is not a pet. I don't care how much you take care of it.
  8. Meeting for coffee? I am a smart girl, I know this is a test. Don't flatter yourself.
  9. The age listed is 30 and he looks as though he fought in the Korean War? See #3.
  10. You know what, there are too many! I'm writing a screenplay.



then again this guy viewed my profile and didn't wink


No comments: